Friday, May 27, 2016

Curvy

Not too much time today, so I'll just post the GeoGebra thing I've been working on.

I have a Tumblr account as well as this blog, it's a fun mathematical space, and the reblogging is an interesting spin on curation. Here's a post I wrote for a 'my favorites' at Twitter Math Camp 16 to help #MTBoS folk get started on Tumblr.

One of my favorite ever mathart sources was @tilman's http://geometrydaily.tumblr.com/.  There's a site that has a bit of a similar flavor, http://www.dailyminimal.com/.

The other day, they had this:


Nice, right? Rotating ellipses... what I always try to think of is how can this be generalized? Rotating conic sections (definitely sometime will do!)... what if it didn't just rotate around a point? What if it followed a curve? One idea I really liked from the dailyminimal was having a start and stop point. So ...


el bigote
You can choose how many ellipses, make your own parametric curve or hit the random button, design your own ellipse, use the red and green to pick starting and stopping point... hopefully lots of flexibility.

On GeoGebraTube, so go play. If you make something cool, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment